These grants are reimbursement grants and all monies must be spent during the fiscal year of the grant.
Please note: you will receive the information you submitted via email after hitting the submit button. If you do not, please check your spam filter. Should you have any questions, please contact the office.
Please note, our process has recently changed. We will be accepting applications beginning March 15, 2019.
ALA‑TOM RESOURCE CONSERVATION AND DEVELOPMENT (RC&D) COUNCIL
The ALA‑TOM RC&D Council, headquartered in Thomasville, Alabama, is a 501(c)(3) non‑profit organization sponsored by the County Commissions and Soil and Water Conservation Districts of Choctaw, Clarke, Conecuh, Dallas, Marengo, Monroe, Perry, Washington, and Wilcox counties. The mission of the ALA‑TOM RC&D Council is to conserve and develop all resources to enhance the quality of life in the area.
- Complete the Project Application form online (you’ll find it below the instructions)
- Applications are currently accepted online.
ALA‑TOM RC&D Office
16 W Front Street South
Post Office Box 355
Thomasville, AL 36784
All projects must meet basic criteria set by the ALA‑TOM RC&D Council. These are:
- A local organization, committee, or task force must be in place to plan, implement, and maintain the project.
- Must have public benefits (cannot benefit individuals).
- Should benefit the entire region or demonstrate an activity that could be duplicated throughout the area.
- You must prepare a budget showing how you will use grant funds, and the types and amounts of matching funds.
- The applicant must show how the project can be sustained. You must show how the operation and maintenance will be done using local resources.
- If there is development planned on some property, you must have a deed to the property or a long-term lease.
- Projects that will create jobs and economic development will receive a higher priority.
If you have questions, need assistance in completing the application, or need help in determining if you proposed project is eligible, contact the ALA‑TOM RC&D office in Thomasville, Alabama at 334-636-0120.
Please note, our process has recently changed. We will be accepting applications between March 15 and July 15, 2019. Please do not submit applications other than within this window.
NON DISCRIMINATION STATEMENT
The Ala-Tom RC&D Council prohibits discrimination in all of its programs against race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. The Association will take affirmative action to ensure that its programs are delivered without regard to their race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, political beliefs and marital or family status.